View Single Post

Old 10-31-2009, 09:13 PM

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt 127 View Post
RET_NYPD_MOS:

I may have used my own phrase when I said "Gun Day". He described exactly as you did, guns laying on a table, pick the one you like and thats what you will get.

Does yours have the "STAR" inside the yoke?

I cannot. for the life of me, figure out the hammer with a spur. It letters, through Ruger, as an NYPD gun. Yet, it has the spur. I know I got it direct from an NYPD Cop. He put ten years in with NYPD and then went to Nassau county.

Maybe when he left NYPD he took it to a local gunsmith and had a spurred hammer put back in...thats all I can figure.

I also have a Ruger SP-NY. Found it new in the box 10 years ago.

Last time I was in NY, I saw a few old cops carrying revolvers. I looked for a Ruger, but, it seemed most that I saw were Smith 64's. I wonder how many Rugers were ever carried?

I guess I have a particular attachment to NYC. I lived in NYC proper for about a year, when I was a kid and then lived in Valley Stream on long island for about 5 years.
I would guess that he had it, as you stated, modified by merely having a gunsmith exchange a spurred - no, I do not have the star as you have shown - again, I was in the first class, it may have come afterwards.

Honestly, in my company of almost 50 recruits, only a few of us picked the Ruger - I love the weapon - when I pull on the trigger I get a dead spot where I can hold the hammer - but then again I was in a shooting with it in 1993 - and there was no aiming - just shooting
The Following User Likes This Post: