View Single Post

Old 11-01-2009, 09:40 AM

Liked 157 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RET_NYPD_MOS View Post
It's not a matter of being true or not - we're talking about post 1987 - before that I have no idea what the department equipment sections policy happen to be at the time - truthfully - I don’t even care what their policy was, or is. All I can say is what I know as a MOS from the day I came on, until the day I retired. The equipment section was so under stocked that we had to call before even making the trip to Puzzle Plaza just to make sure they had even one off-duty available for sale - same goes for my highway rain gear that took me over a year to get from them. The one thing they always had in stock - gun belts - why? Because they were regular black trouser belts - yep, $5 leather belts is what we used when I came on, and probably for 100 years before that as well. We had to go out on our own if we wanted to purchase Sam Browne rigs - which subsequently became mandatory when we went to 9MM's.
After the academy, I rarely purchased anything from the Equip Sec. I bought all my equip, about 90% from Paul's in the Bronx. Other stuff I ordered direct from Mfgrs. I got my britches from Jasper and eventually ordered my boots (HWY 82-92) from California that my CHP buddy turned me on to.

All I said was, the equip sec did sell, on occassion, to other NYC agency's.

And Ret_NYPD_MOS...Keep the shinny side up and "BEND EM" all!
The Following User Likes This Post: