View Single Post

Old 11-03-2009, 09:36 PM

Liked 15,506 Times in 6,794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocojo View Post
I hate to say this but if my guns firing pin was that off center I would look at the gun first. Not defending hornady by no means, but when I looked at the photo's, I did not blame the ammo. Off to the side hits and not too deep would send me a signal, regardless of what brand shoots or not. Some primers are more sensitive and would fire but why would you not what a gun to be 100%. I just sent back a revolver to S&W because the firing pin was too small. Firing pin hits were center and just a tad more shallow than what I observed from your gun. Most of the ammo I shot went bang, but when I shot blazer 38 special RNL ammo, one out of five failed to fire. Got the gun back from S&W and no more issues. They put in a longer firing pin. Without a doubt I would have that gun sent back and put into spec. That firing pin hit, is not in spec from what I seen in those photo's. I would not trust that pistol regardless of what I had in it until it was corrected and it would shoot all ammunition hard and centered.
I linked to that issue on post #16. They are off center but are very deep.They are not light strikes. of center yes.

Bottom of page 20 shows the primer strike of a Kahr

http://www.kahr.com/DL/kahrmanual.pdf