View Single Post

Old 11-06-2009, 12:33 PM
US Veteran

Liked 138 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2152hq View Post
Nice looking PP in 22.
I'd guess it would go for something close to that but I don't think it's quite in the 'steal' catagory especially for an InterArms marked gun. JMHO

Should have 2 magazines with it too. Plus the owners manual (I think the common version wasn't model specific and covered the PP, PPK and later included the PPK/s. Earlier ones were 3 language versions. InterArms imports might be just English language,,not sure.

My pre-InterArms PP 22 had a cleaning rod also in the box. For some reason it also had a small packet with 2 extra mag followers and also a slide stop spring. Most probably just extras bought and thrown in the box

Are the grips in the one pictured original Walther,,,the thumb rest looks out of place but maybe it was an change to satisfy GCA68 or at least get more points in the import system they imposed.

FWIW my PPK in 22 was proof/dated on the barrel hood. A '66 gun and was also pre InterArms.
Don't know if you are speaking of 2 difference Walther .22s here, a PP and a '66 PPK (if so I'm seriously jealous ) or they are one in the same, but...

IIRC, for either to be "Pre-InterArms" they would have to have been produced prior to 1956 when Interarmco/Interarms took over from the original US Walther importer, Thalson Co. of San Francisco.

Lack of the usual Interarms slide logo, could mean a pre-GCA68 import, an early GCA68 import if the grips have an Interarms Banner at the bottom edge, early GCA68 with replacement grips or a privately imported individual pistol.

Re: "German" Walther PP series pricing, you are absolutely right, condition, spare original magazine, correct box, manual and paperwork/target can make all the difference in the world to a collector/accumulator. Earl's is certainly the most knowledgeable and reliable supplier of correct original accessories, but dropping over a hundred bucks on a correct replacement .22 magazine and almost that on a correct, used cardboard box requires some effort ...