View Single Post

Old 11-08-2009, 02:48 PM

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default They're Cool, But...

I looked at a PK380 First Edition on Friday, was tempted to buy it, but decided not to. Perhaps I am missing the obvious (wouldn't be the first time ), but I really don't see any point to this gun. It is priced right and has good ergonomics, but as a member already mentioned, it looks like it could have been designed as a hi-cap but is instead a single stack. I also agree that it is a bit large for its caliber and capacity.

The gun also has an odd field strip procedure that requires use of a "wrench," which is included, to rotate a retaining pin in the frame so the takedown latch can be used (For me, I know that I would lose the damn wrench!).

If I were looking for this size auto, I would go with the Walther PPS, which is a 9mm para and is about the same size, maybe thinner, than the PK380, even though the PPS is almost twice as expensive. If I wanted a .380, I would go with a hi-cap Beretta 84, which also has good ergonomics (also almost twice the price of the PK) and, as I recall, is about the same size as the PK

Just my humble opinion.