View Single Post

Old 11-10-2009, 07:24 PM

Liked 520 Times in 264 Posts

I have no respect for funeral homes or undertakers today.
Yes, they should be called undertakers and not the more "politically correct" term of funeral director.
Anyway, there is no law prohibiting folks from burying their loved ones unembalmed in a pine box in all but a state or two- funeral homes would love you to believe otherwise.
Talk about someone making big bucks off of many people that are ill prepared to afford it.

However, I know that undertakers have a rough go of it...they have to go to an accredited school, get certified by the state in which they work, keep their licenses up to date and even go just about anywhere to pick up someone...or what's left of them...in the middle of the night- not easy. I fully realize thatt is our culture that has created the "American funeral" that is to blame and these fellers are just offering their service, skills and knowledge. I just hate the ones that take advantage of a person in mourning to sell them something for way more than they can afford. It makes me ill-tempered just thinking about it. Lawyers get most folks upset...for me it's undertakers.

Anyway...

This does make sense since the Batesville Casket Co. is located in Arkansas. I just wonder when they'll be moving the casket making business to China?

I guess I'll keep my order for the pine box at the cabinet shop- no Chinese casket that costs $30K for me!

Last edited by Andy Griffith; 11-10-2009 at 07:41 PM.