Thread: 22 magnum Jet
View Single Post

Old 11-11-2009, 05:44 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 10,111 Times in 4,789 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycr View Post
Well that is the 1st time I have had a thread hijacked in Spanish.
That deserved a !

Anyway, if you bum around on this forum, you will see more than a few comments about loading the Jet. Jet loading is akin to deciding whether blondes or brunettes are better company - a subject best handled on one's own, in most cases. I have never had my best results (speaking here of accuracy) with slow powders. In addition to the usual 2400, 4227, and H110/W296, you might also branch out and try HS6, and others in that burning-rate range.

On a similar topic, and back to our friend in Mexico, it might be of some interest to members to know that Hamilton Bowen is something of a Jet enthusiast, and one of the more recent interests he has turned his talents to is re-creating the Jet-length K-frame cylinder. Having these parts available in blank form should be a boon to gun hacks looking to make the ubiquitous .256 Winchester M19, or similar, and of course the blank could also make a nifty .22LR cylinder for those lacking one for their M53 and so inclined. Not a cheap prospect, but good things rarely are. Jets are really too nice a gun to just leave lying around.