View Single Post

Old 11-14-2009, 01:37 AM
US Veteran

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Been with USAA since 1975 or 1976 I think, anyway, it's been awhile.

Got asked a similar question re USAA and Guns recently and went and checked my policy to answer the question regarding liability and self defence shooting. USAA specifically lists on my policy (Arizona) that use of deadly force to protect property or person shall NOT be used as an exclusion and shall not be excluded from the policy.

Also, they used to limit firearms to only $2,000.00 but the recent changes last year raised the limit to $10,000 each for both firearms and jewelry. I used to carry riders for additional coverage but don't any longer. I think the jewelry limit is only for theft though.

Great Company, not only treats their customers right but is also listed as one of the top 5 companies in the US to work for so they treat their employees right also, and it shows in their customer service !

They are a non-profit company, they return profits to the members every year and then lower the rates for the next year (seems like, anyway). Think of the difference between your typical, Nationwide big business bank and your local credit union. Now, move that same comparison to USAA and almost any other insurance company.

Dan R