View Single Post

Old 11-14-2009, 08:21 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I don't think so.

I would like to ask you a question now.

What in the heck did you do to your bolt?

That thing looks all beat to holy shell.

When you get failure to eject or feed issues, do you just keep pulling back the charger handle and let the bolt slam forward on jammed rounds ..... repeatedly, .... or something?
Well nothing out of the ordinary except fire about 100 rounds (Federal Stinger) through it before returning it. When I get jams I drop the magazine, pull back on the charging handle once, and then let go. I will be cleaning it today before I head out. I am just curious if the fowling is from me or S&W test firing it? Guess we will never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Yeah, because he sent it to them in that condition. He did not say S&W did that to his bolt face.

He did say, S&W sent his gun back dirty, but to his credit, he made it clear that therefore he knew they had test fired it.

Imagine if S&W sent them back clean. Then some guys guys would say .... "They probably didn't even test fire it!" whine blubber slobber waaaah .... etc.
That makes sense, maybe they sent it back in this condition to show the rifle was tested? However all this confusion could be avoided if they left a note with my gun describing what they did, what they found, and how they fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27 Beck View Post
Yes, that is the extractor you are looking at on the left side of the bolt as you face the picture. That piece is what broke off my 15-22.

The ejector can be seen when you remove the bolt and look from the magazine well up into the gun. If this ejector gets out of alignment it can start the failure to properly eject. Then stove pipes.....
Oh, you mean that long little plastic piece? I have to take my gun apart when I clean it and see if I can find it.

Last edited by LifeInPa; 11-14-2009 at 08:27 AM.