View Single Post

Old 11-15-2009, 10:14 AM

Liked 20,623 Times in 5,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Of course. It makes no sense to panic when a brand new gun that is not even broken in yet, and is also dirty as all get out, begins to have a few f2l and f2e incidents. I got a few f2l and f2e .... after firing over a hundred rounds as fast as I could pull the trigger .... because the gun by then needed cleaning. This is far from unexpected with a brand new 22lr autoloader.

I am amazed at how some people here have even lost their marbles and gone right off the deep end. If S&W was not standing behind their product, as they for darn tootin sure are, then maybe I could see it. But holy cow! Some of these people, either have to be trolling here for a threatened competitor, or they are just plain mentally unstable or something.
In general, I tend to agree. There have been some here that have obvioulsy lost sleep while worrying about what condition their rifle would return from S&W. Now there seems to be some bashers here too. But I think all that's to be expected when a manufacturer puts out a troubled product. Not everyone will have a shoulder-shrugging attitude toward a $500 toy.

As far as .22s needing to be broken in.... did you mean that parts need to be 'broken off', like feed ramps and extractors, before they work correctly? (Just teasing)

By the way.... welcome aboard Lynn.