View Single Post

Old 11-22-2009, 03:30 PM
US Veteran

Liked 5,583 Times in 2,558 Posts

Quote:
A few years ago the then Attorney General of Mass managed to get some kind of law on the books allowing him to go after out of state companies that shipped ammo and components here. I really don't remember the exact details, or how it worked, or if it was even legal, but no out of state supplier wanted to be a test case, so no one will ship ammo or components here. A few small companies are not aware of this and will sometimes ship here, but none of the major outfitters like Cabellas or Midway will ship ammo or components here.
My recollection is similar, in that it is uncertain, but I believe that NO new laws were passed concerning ammo. The then-AG simply interpreted or threatened to enforce existing laws differently. It is not even clear to me (IANAL) that his interpretation was wrong, but it sure was a change, with no change in the written law.

He is no longer AG, and the present AG does not appear overly interested in firearms-related issues. This does not constitute legal advice by me.