View Single Post

Old 11-23-2009, 09:36 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just checked my ejector and it looks like it's angled in towards the bore like the thread here describing the fix. So I don't know if I want to mess with the ejector any.

Could both of my problems be caused by improper loading of the mags? I have to be honest, I 'overlooked' that part of the manual and while I wasn't trying to load a bunch of rounds at once, I could have been more careful in loading the mags.

Maybe I should just polish the feed ramp a bit with some Flitz and the dremel and see how it goes next time? Doesn't seem like there are any burrs on the feed ramp, but it's not 'baby bottom' smooth and shiny like most of my other firearms. The rifle is just a fun plinker for me, but I would like to have it be reliable. Trying to shoot something a little less expensive than .223 these days.

Oh BTW, I did try one magazine of Remignton 'Sure-Shot' and it was a total flop. First magainze of CCI went without a hiccup, but the Rem was worthless. I could tell the first round or two seemed much weaker than the CCI, then the next four or five didn't ignite even though they had a good primer strike. I unloaded the mag and went back to the CCIs. I'll give the Rem to a buddy of mine and see if it works in his 10-22.

So people sound like they are also getting good results with the Federal bulk from Wally World too. I bought one box of it, so after I'm getting more reliable results from the CCI, I'll give the Federal a try.

Last edited by score69; 11-23-2009 at 09:42 AM.