View Single Post

Old 11-24-2009, 02:04 PM

Liked 351 Times in 243 Posts

truckmeup, again I agree with you 100%, well 98% with the first sentence being the exception.

Of course since there are no "legitimate" defenses listed in the ORC, your success in court would be detemined by how well you can convince the judge of why you did what you did and the individual judge hearing the case. In fact, this can apply to marked police cars too, based on past incidents. If you are in a remote area and don't feel comfortable stopping there is no reason you should put yourself in peril. But your circumstances and actions had better fit together with your excuses.

3rd Gen Neal, I'm sorry for hijacking your thread, I'm done.

In regards to your OP, I hardly ever used my siren, in any vehicle. It was a clue to the bad guys that it was time to go. If responding to an accident I was taught that it made injured victims relax because they knew help was coming, and that would make them bleed faster. The blood vessels would constrict if they were scared and hurting causing the blood flow to decrease.

I would use lights if needed, which wasn't very often. The last unmarked car I used had wig-wag head and tail lights, plus an LED mounted on the visor. The first one had a magnetic gumball, which if I hit a hard bump on the road would fall off and smack me in the head as the coiled cord was pulling it in. I did have one that was mounted on the dash, but it didn't have the cover to keep it from blinding me, so it didn't last long.

Last edited by Jellybean; 11-24-2009 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Never mind the edit, I said I was done.