View Single Post

Old 11-24-2009, 11:03 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking

I wouldn't do anything to the gun. It is much easier to do stuff to the bullets.

I shoot Keith and 200gr LRNFP bullets from my 629 5" bbl with no leading at all. I cast my own too and in that regard you are hampered. You are at the mercy of someone else when it comes to alloy, harness, lube and size, I'm not.

You need to answer some questions first before I can make any suggestions. You said the bullets you have are 18bhn(or someone did). What is the Bullseye load? How fast do you want to drive these bullets, what velocity are you trying to achieve?

I want you to ask yourself this one question: "Why is the Bullseye load the one that leads the least?"

The biggest cause of leading with CAST bullets is not too much velocity, but too little pressure. Folks try to get a paper punching round with too hard of a bullet. Throw in that it may not fit the bore and VIOLA you have a leading mess.

I have known lots of folks that get leading with purchased bullets at 800fps and with the same ones get none at 1000fps.

If it was me, and you need to be especially thankful you aren't me, I would push those babies just a little harder.

6gr of 2400 isn't a published load anywhere that I know of for the 44Mag. Where did you get it?

What manual are you using to get your load from?

I think I gave you enough questions to answer.