View Single Post

Old 11-25-2009, 12:50 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed333 View Post
and you also said : "I put the Hogue grips on it when I got it because the factory grips just were too darn small for me to hold onto it. The factory grips are still in nice shape. "
Put those Hogues back in the drawer, put the service grips back on , and get yourself a Tyler Tee...then you will be good to go, and look sharp at the same time. I am 6'3" with XXL hands, and that has been my experience. but, YMMV....
Yeah, I don't have real large hands, I just didn't feel like I could keep a good grasp on it with the factory grips. The Hogues just feel really good to me. Tell you what. When I take it to the range, I'll take both sets of grips with me and give them both a try. I know a .38 doesn't have that much recoil, but I've never shot a snubbie and I'm sure it's worse than the 4" I'm used to shooting. I just wasn't comfortable that I had a good grip on it with the factory grips. It just felt so tiny in my hand.

The Hogues definitely make it harder to conceal, but I usually OC a SA XD in either 9mm or 45ACP and this is usually my BUG, so I'm not worried about having to conceal it. Only time I CC is in the winter when it's easy to wear a coat or something to cover them. One of my XDs is on my strong side and the snubbie is sticking out of my jeans pocket on my weak side.

I definitely like it, it just hasn't made it to the range with me yet. I'm currently infatuated with my MP15-22, so I'm not sure how soon I'll be shooting something else.