View Single Post

Old 11-25-2009, 08:55 AM

Liked 3,387 Times in 1,107 Posts

Think I've noted this before but drove a series of low profile LEO vehicles in my career. Now that I think about it, some were waaaaaaaaay low. Included among them were a F-150 Ford pickup truck, a BMW 325, a Honda Civic, a Lincoln Town Car, and my favorite, a Lexus SC400. ALL were properly equipped with lights, siren, and concealed radio(s.)

None were intended for traffic enforcement but circumstances sometimes required me to effect a stop...traffic related and otherwise. There was never a doubt they were LEO vehicles once emergency equipment was activated. Never did anyone fail to stop, either, though I was cognizant and understanding that some may not. Yes, whenever it was possible, I requested a marked unit(s) to assist. Sometimes that wasn't possible.

Most common reaction after a stop? "I didn't know you were the police." My reply: "That's the point."

As an aside, I was involved in a DWI "pursuit" and apprehension a month or so ago. Was in my vehicle that is pictured in the "Car Pictures" thread. The real police were a bit impressed...or so they said.

Be safe.