View Single Post

Old 11-26-2009, 01:05 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,783 Times in 474 Posts
Default Savage Model 29-A pump .22, anyone know anything about them? UPDATE! GOT IT! Now with pics..

A store close by has a Savage Model 29A .22 pump in pristine condition, like new, round barrel. Anyone know anything about them? I am guessing this one was made in the 50's or 60's, has a finely checkered stock and forend.

Can't find much on-line about them other than completed auctions.

Thanks,

Canoeguy

Update: took my gun show plunder from yesterday and got the rifle out of layaway. Didn't have time for a full work out with it at the range, but did zero it in my back yard range. Back yard range consists of a box tghtly packed with paper as a bullet trap, shooting from inside the garage so as not to disturb the neighbors with the noise...

Here's some pics:

The offhand groups were shot with CCI CB Shorts, not quite as accurate as target grade ammo, but good for back yard shooting. I've found 25 yards is about the maximum range for accuracy with CB Shorts.

Told you it was in excellent condition! I saw a really shabby, worn out one yesterday at the gun show with a price tag of $300, so I definately think it was worth the $350 I paid.

Going deer hunting in the morning, then I'll take the Savage .22 to the range in the afternoon for a full work up.

Thanks to all my friends here on the forum in assisting me with this purchase. Now, to find that Winchester Model 61...

Last edited by canoeguy; 11-29-2009 at 06:26 PM.