View Single Post

Old 11-26-2009, 06:19 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink A different perspective

flat top,
Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

As far as opinion goes, to me, this is not a topic that should be based on opinion. It is first and foremost a safety issue.

What kind of bullet at what velocity or with what powder or any myriad of things can be based on opinion and have no affect whatsoever on someone's safety. Deep seating bullets and the corresponding rise in pressure from doing so is based in science and is a fact regardless of your or my opinion on the matter, period.

Let me give you this analogy:

My neighbor's house is on fire. I sit in my driveway wondering how it started. Then I remember, I showed their little boy how to "flick his Bic" so to speak. At what point do I assume SOME responsibility in starting the fire? Sure, the kid did it but he wouldn't have even thought of it on his own had I not espoused it. To my way of thinking, I would share just as much responsibility as the youngun' for actually starting it.
To me, and it may not be that way with others, I am going to do all I can to keep that from happening. Same here on this issue.

I am going to openly warn folks that following some advice, that advice that flies in the face of safety, of how dangerous it appears.

I have no agenda about having to be right, I just don't want to have the "blood of innocents" on my hands.

Shovel,
One friend of mine has a favorite saying: "When you find yourself beating a dead horse, by all means, dismount!"

I suppose it is time to do just that! (That is as long as the horse is dead! )