View Single Post

Old 11-26-2009, 09:57 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 229 Times in 107 Posts

Saw one in a gun store about six months ago. About 100 miles from my house. It was in very good shape. Did not look at barrel. They wanted $180.00 for it. Had never seen one before. Came home and talked to a very knowledgeable local gun dealer about it. He was very enthusiastic about them. Told me if I got it for $180.00 and did not like it, he would pay me the $180.00 and sales tax for it. Made a special trip back to get it. Of course it was gone. Have been looking at them ever since. Not a lot of them around. Saw one at a gun show, NIB with tags and paper work. Guy was asking $500.00. Did not want one that bad. Have seen several for $250.00 or more. Not in as good of condition as the one I missed. Every one I have talked to likes them. One guy told me they were not considered as nice as Winchester or Remington .22 pumps when they were made, but people that wanted a good rifle that was not as expensive bought them. If I ever see another one in that shape, at that price I will buy it. I thought it looked good but was not sure. I should have trusted my instincts.