View Single Post

Old 11-28-2009, 06:14 PM

Liked 119 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithNut View Post
After the CS-1 production run (both for Customs Service and over-run guns shipped to US distribution), the factory left this model in the "line" for future law enforcement orders. Think of the CS-3 as simply the same model as the CS-1 but a later engineering change. The basic CS-1 features are there - bead blast finish, round butt gripframe on both 3" and 4" models, and a pinned in front sight. The CS-3 also has the later - CNC machined - ejector star that appears to be a square cut (due to the CNC machining), as well - the front sight is wider - 1/8" instead of the CS-1 model's 1/10" wide blade.
Many CS-3 guns were shipped into US distribution, but the majority that I've seen were actually shipped to S&W's German distributor - Wischo - and marked on the sideplate as ".357 Security Special". These guns were 3" guns. They were apparently slow sellers and many were returned by Wischo and released into US distribution.

Here's a couple CS-3 guns, the first (3") was a Wischo gun, the second (4") was shipped to a Texas distributor. The standard front sight from the factory was a plain black ramp, I've replaced both of mine with a Patridge front blade, and both wear the requisite Spegel grips.

Nice SmithNut! I have the 3" CS-1 which was my Grail Gun for years. Never heard of the CS-3 till this thread. Googled it and there was one on GB for sale in ex condition for $750.00 and no bids last night. Went to bed thinking it would be gone this morning as there were 4 hours left on the auction. Opened my e-mail and had a "Congrats" from GB that I won it. I'm really excited. I'm saving it for my Christmas present from my wife.

Here it is, pics courteous of the previous owner.

Last edited by Sportsterguy; 11-29-2009 at 02:18 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: