View Single Post

Old 11-29-2009, 06:47 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree with you Chuck. Thanks for taking the time to photograph the mags. I was just showing my father today how the rounds need to be staggered when looking through the rear window of the mag. I have only had one hiccup with my rifle and it happened a few weeks ago. Stovepipe with the round sticking staight up out of the mag as reported by others. I had loaded that mag without paying much attention so I believe that caused the issue. I purposely tried to load a few rounds incorrectly today by pulling the follower down too far. I got the same result as your mag photo on the right. I did not try to fire the mag loaded that way...(thought about it but didn't want to cause problems with a rifle that has been stellar so far).
Today I put another 250 rds through it varying the fire from single, to rapid fire, to several shot bursts. Worked flawlessly once again. Today I tried some new ammo...the Winchester 555 pack from Dick's Sporting Goods. They worked great..no issues. So far I have ran CCI's, Federal Bulk Pack, and the Winchesters. I have managed to and probably will continue to shun the Remington.