View Single Post

Old 11-29-2009, 07:00 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Just picked up a M&P 15-22 (problems and fixes)

New to the forum. I am an active participant over at TFL forums and stumbled across a few threads here.

I picked up a M&P 15-22 2 days ago at Cabela's. I decided on it over the SR-22 and the Colt. I brought it home and cleaned and oiled it. Went to the range yesterday and loaded 10 rounds of CCI in the magazine. All 10 fired without a hitch. Loaded 10 more and had a FTE every other round. From there on out it was constant FTE with a few FTF's mixed in. I tried CCI's, Winchester, Federal, American Eagle ammo to name a few all of which had issues.

I was frustrated and ready to make a trip back to Cabela's. This is unacceptable for a $500 gun. I came home and read a few threads on it. I tweaked my extractor inward just a hair, probably 1/16 of an inch. I then cleaned the gun again and went back out this morning to try it again. I put about 150 rounds through the gun with all the mentioned ammo. Not one single FTE. I did have 2 FTF's however. I am contributing the FTF's to the magazine. I do not believe it is the gun at this point.

I am now happy with the gun. I hope the problem stays corrected. I did a youtube video of the gun today after I had fixed it if you want to view.

YouTube - Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Review

The Following User Likes This Post: