View Single Post

Old 11-30-2009, 09:18 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default colt 1860

hi guys i was reading the tread,about your colt problems , the best way to deal with a low front sight on a uberti is to take the sight out get a flat bottom af tap and thread the hole you are able to get about four good threads in there, then get a brass screw the same thread put it in your electric drill and turn it down with a file leave a few threads on the end an youv'e got a new sight that wont come out ,file to suit your point of aim.someone talked about filling the hammer notch deeper to change the point of aim ,this wont work unless you file a bit of the hammer lip because deepening the notch wont move the point of aim unless you use the bottom of the notch to sight with which is no good at all.you can take a little bit of the hammer nose but dont overdo that or you will start to see the rear of the barrel through your sight .the best way is to replace the front sight as stated .if you have any more problems let me know ,i have a great way of curing long or creeping trigger pulls if anyone wants to know just write me .