View Single Post

Old 11-30-2009, 07:42 PM

Liked 425 Times in 143 Posts
Default Short barreled Model 686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I've done a lot of serious accuracy checking with the 2.5 686 and have come to the conclusion that it is just as accurate as any of the longer barrels. The problem is the short sight radius which makes it more difficult to shoot accurately at extended range. My 2.5 will shoot an inch at 25 yards from a good rest with either the superb Penn 158 SWC or their even greater 158 TC BUT it is harder to turn that intrinsic accuracy into practical accuracy from field positions than it would be if you were shooting a longer barrel.
Dear Mr Wayne M
As you say short barrel revolvers are accurate enough to shoot at 25yds and also 50yds, maybe further providing good rest, time and single action shooting with .357 Magnum.
As a handgun enthusiast when my eyes were young, 25 years old, I shot my fathers Colt Detective Special 2 inches barrel 38 Special consistently in the 8 and 9 zone at 50yds with little holdover, I knew very well that gun and shot with it very much!!!.. this was single action to handed hold standing with no resting bags.....
As I grew older I am 57 now my eyes are not so good for iron sights but I manage to do my best shooting with short barreled handguns, my eyes seem to like the closer distance between the front and rear sight, fortunately I still have a firm gripping hold of the handgun!!!...
Much Obliged
Roberto Renauld
The Following User Likes This Post: