View Single Post

Old 12-03-2009, 10:25 AM

Liked 1,473 Times in 755 Posts

I guess I should clear my ramblings about ammo. I liked the 357Sig when it came out. One reason was automobile penetration, and chambering of the round. The design certainly would eliminate chambering hang ups. The penetration of auto glass should be unaffected. I personally love the .45 but even though it is a proven man stopper there have been some sad results in firing into the curved rear window of autos. In some cases going through car doors. One hostage situation some years back in the NW this caused the death of a LEO. The 40SW was a compromise made by the FBI from the 10mm due to problems at the time of trials. Now we have all this hot stuff with different pressures in pistols originally made for the ammo that was available at the time. I have always believed that numerous rounds in body mass, trumped misses by heavy or extremely sharp recoil calibers in stressful situations. I only ask as this question keeps coming up. I am retired so it doesn't affect me anymore but I still hear of problems in quality of ammo and especially primers. I would hope with all the expertise on this forum somebody will know the truth, or at least the science. Thanks for indulging a old guys curiosity.