View Single Post

Old 12-03-2009, 05:30 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default still confused!

I e-mailed S & W on Monday to ask about my particular revolver, a Lew Horton 624 with a 3" barrel. Based on the serial number Lew Horton said that they had the gun in May of 1985.

Today S & W e-mailed back and suggested I call their customer service number, 800-331-0852, ext. 2905, which I did. The friendly gentleman who answered was aware of the recall but didn't know any particulars about procedures to be taken. He suggested sending it in to see if the cylinder was OK. I asked what would happen if they found that the cylinder was faulty, as I had heard that they would keep the gun if it was. He said he doubted that, that the gun would probably be sent back to me no matter what the results of the test were. At no time did he mention sending me a prepaid label to ship it.

I would think that anyone in S & W customer service would have access to procedures to be followed in this kind of situation. I was more than a little surprised by the wishy-washy non-information that I received. So . . . I'll start the process over again. This time I'll be smarter and ask for Kate as someone here suggested; she has to know more than the gentleman I talked to did!

Greg