View Single Post

Old 12-04-2009, 10:44 PM

Liked 2,444 Times in 1,097 Posts
Default soliciting recommendations for garage hardware to organize garden and similar tools

I already have the shelving up for the smaller items. What I'm wanting to do is mount something on another wall on which to hang brooms, shovels, sledge hammer, chipper, squeegee, and etc. As usual, the choices are legion. What I'm looking at most closely at this point is a 2'x4' wall grid by Schulte which allows one to move the hooks vertically and horizontally so as to use the space as efficiently as possible. I don't want to spend anymore than I have to on this, but on the other hand I've used the old "drive two spikes in the wall and place the tool between them" method in the past, and I no longer feel that that is satisfactory, particularly in the very limited space with which I have to work. I want to be able to use a few of those extended hooks which permit the hanging of two or three tools in one place.

Soooo, to those inclined to chime in, tell me what you have or have had, why you like it or don't like it, and so on. I would be interested particularly in anyone's experience with the Schulte grid mentioned earlier.

As always, thank you for your time and suggestions.
Andy