Thread: .45acp
View Single Post

Old 12-06-2009, 10:18 AM

Liked 446 Times in 168 Posts

Not a S&W, but take a look at the .45 Beretta PX4. The rotating barrel design is accurate, and does a nice job dampening the recoil to almost nothing (I am guessing the Cougar does similar, but never shot one in that caliber). I never liked polymer before that, and it kept me with hammer fired pistols a little longer.

I have a 1006, and the main thing holding me back from getting a 45x6 is the magazines. First off, magazines always are expensive (single stacks, I try for ten). Then, I also have to consider that they are very similar to my 10mm magazines. I have 9mm and .40 magazines for the same platform (92/96), and I refinished them differently just for that reason. I would just hate to go to the range with the .45, and accidently bring my 10mm magazines. Plus, I don’t think I could bear to refinish stainless magazines.

But the one .45 is plenty. I doubt I'll get another in the near future, unless I find a great deal. Even then, I may just pass it off to someone else. If Beretta ever puts out a .45 PX4SC, that is an exception.