View Single Post

Old 12-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Banned

Liked 52 Times in 8 Posts
Default A great day of shooting fun!

I went out yesterday and put 300 rounds through the Sigma with my reloads. Everything worked great! 9mm Luger 115gn fmj, 4.5gn of Titiegroup powder, cheap HMF primers, 1.125" OAL. I didn't punch paper, but had a hell of a good time skipping rocks, double tapping cans and shooting low hanging limbs. One thing that suprised the hell out of me was how clean the brass was inside and out after firing the round. I tumble all of my brass. I want it really clean and pretty when I make up my loads. While tumbling also cleans out the inside of the brass. It does not seem to get the inside as clean and polished. Well every one of these rounds fired left the inside of the case clean as hell. Almost polished looking. I tried to get pictures of the inside of the brass, but none would come out right. For kicks I fired some Win. WB and REM. SS and both left very dirty brass inside and out. Clean up of the pistol was very easy after shooting. First impressions of this TiteGroup powder is fantastic!

I also ran 100 rounds through the CZ-52. That thing is amazing! I blew up some balloons to approx. 8". Set them at 50 yards and 100 yards. 90% balloon kill at 50 yards and 40% balloon kill at 100 yards off hand. I could not kill a balloon at all with the 9mm at 100 yards. The missed balloon kills at 100 yards where still very close as seen by the dirt cloud kicked up by the bullet. 50 rounds were surplus ammo. And 50 rounds of Win. WB. That 7.62x25 is one sweet round! And the old CZ-52 isn't to bad either. The report and muzzle flash got the rifle shooters attention. Not to mention that a pistol was there reaching out and touching to there range.

Had a lot of fun and good redneck fellowship. Also went to a turkey shoot put on by a friend of mine. Got to watch and enjoy young and old shoot for frozen turkeys. Show up with $3 and they provided the shotguns, ammo, targets and turkeys.

Also secured permission to shoot on a buddy's land down by the river anytime I want to shoot. Be it round testing or blasting off a 1000 rounds. This place is only about 4 miles from the house. Works great for me!

Was a great day!