View Single Post

Old 12-07-2009, 12:28 AM

Liked 42 Times in 19 Posts

Good Evening, Friends,

Many thanks, once again, for all the comments and suggestions. Roymack, I did look at the Cannon "Patriot" safe (love that name, by the way!), and thought it looked pretty good. But, at $1,500, it's just too expensive for what our "end of year" budget can afford.

Today, I went back to check out the Liberty Centurion, and the Costco Winchester/Granite Security safes, and also stopped at our local Bass Pro Shop to check out their Red Head safes, which I believe are also made by Granite Security. For the price, and for what we can actually afford right now, The Winchester safe really had it all, when compared to the others. Now, Lowes did knock $200 off the price of their Centurion since I was there a few days ago. But, that price ends after tomorrow, and I just decided to go for more features, and more locking bolts, and thicker (folded steel) door, and went with the Winchester safe, for $500. Now, to get it upstairs in into place..... Aye, there's the rub!! Ahhh, it will work out, I'm sure, and when I get it firmly lagged into the floor, and ready to go, I'll report back here with my thoughts and initial impressions.

Thanks, again, for all the great comments, Friends. Much appreciated! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc