View Single Post

Old 12-14-2009, 06:00 PM

Liked 150 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddS112 View Post
Well the good and the bad of S&W service. Sent an email explaining the situation to the general email address on their web-site. Received this reply:

"There was a redesign of the 9 and 40 firing pins but not the 45. If you would like you can buy the parts you want direct from us at: 800-331-0852 ext 2905. Dry firing these firearms without the use of snap-caps will cause the firing pin to break just like in your photo. I don’t know if this was the case but, just so you know."

Hmmm. We have pics here of something that apparently does not exist.

In the mean time I received direct contact info for a LE rep and called him. The reply was, "I'll ship you out 2 updated striker assemblies right away."

So again, it's all about who you talk to.

Fastbolt, thanks again for the great information.
Well, got the parts today and it wasn't the complete assembly, just the strikers. They are the updated version, but without the updated spring retainer/cup. So I called them back and requested any and all parts that were updated to complete the striker assembly.

Took 10 days to get the strikers. So it probably wont be until after the new year when I back from vacation, I can get the updated parts installed.

Fudge.