View Single Post

Old 12-14-2009, 10:11 PM

Liked 6,591 Times in 2,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum12pm View Post
I just got a new M&P 45, haven't had it to the range yet. It seems to have a gritty trigger. I got out the Lyman gage and found it has an 8 lb. trigger pull, a little much in my opinion. I think I will wait for Apex to get their sear on the market and just replace it, rather than do it my self. I did my own M&P 40, which has 41/2 lb. trigger and much smoother than the 45. I have to admit the 40 has about 10k of ammo through it though.
I checked my M&P 45 when it was NIB and got averages around 8 1/2 - 9+ lbs. Not too bad considering the .45 models run about a pound heavier than the 9/40/357 models (which are spec'd at 6 1/2 lbs +/- 2 lbs).

It became noticeably smoother and seemingly lighter within a few hundred rounds, and seemed even more so as I was approaching 3,000 rounds. I replaced the striker within the last few hundred rounds so it has a pretty new striker spring right now, and when I just checked it on my digital gauge I got an averaged reading of just barely 6 lbs.

The inherent accuracy is outstanding, and since I use it as a retirement CCW I'll leave it stock.

Very nice pistol.