View Single Post

Old 12-15-2009, 01:41 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default sigma-----different generations?

Hello,
What are the primary differences in the various generations of the sigma line?

A little history, sometime back in the early 90's, my brother-in-law gave me a 40 cal sigma. This was a terrible weapon as far as function with multiple FTF problems on 5 different magazines with different ammo. I parted ways with it.....but that was many, many years back.

From what I understand, Smith has in recent years worked out any problems with the current "3rd" generation sigma line. I looked over a sigma at Academy the other day and the gun still feels good in the hand. I also noticed a "divet" witness hole in the top of the slide so that's new. What else has changed from the 1st generation?

By accounts i have read, the current sigma is trustworthy as a duty weapon. Money is unfortunately a consideration, so I am down to deciding between the sigma sw9ve and ruger P95. Costs are more or less equal while looking at Bud's gun shop. On the positive side, i have been given a Safriland 070 security 3 holster for a sigma......though this holster is also from the early 90's. Will the 3rd gen sigma fit the 1st gen sigma holster? The safri SSIII holsters are very unforgiving to extreme variations. But a free $100+ holster is never turned down.

What is your opinions comparing the sigma head to head with the ruger p95 as far as durability, reliability? The sigma revolver-like trigger is not a concern.