View Single Post

Old 12-15-2009, 11:27 PM

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum12pm View Post
You want to use the pad (above first joint) of the trigger finger. The best way I know of to learn trigger control is to dry fire the pistol, while holding a good sight picture on something around the house or garage. Now pull the trigger carefully while working to keep the sights on the target during the stroke of the trigger. A shooter can learn a lot about accurate shooting without firing a shot. You might even search the INTERNET for videos of shooting instruction demos. This is just for example, If you want to learn quick presentation of the weapon from a holster, you would not dream of practicing with a loaded gun. You would draw and dry fire until you master the technique, then load the gun. Never under estimate the value of dry fire. I would advise you to always make certain your weapon is unloaded before beginning a practice session.
Hmmm, now I'm starting to get a little worried... I already went through that when I first got the gun, getting used to it. Originally it shot very well, but at the last range trip or two I noticed the trend. Maybe I'm reverting, but the possibility of something mechanical (though I wouldn't know what) is creeping into mind.

I'll take the drill back up and see how the next trip goes before I jump to conclusions. Maybe my sights moved

Last edited by BigRich315; 12-15-2009 at 11:29 PM. Reason: joke