View Single Post

Old 12-16-2009, 11:53 AM

Liked 5,205 Times in 2,173 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelohamr View Post
My local gun shop has Sigmas on sale (.40 and 9MM) with a $50.00 rebate. I'm going there tomorrow hoping to get a .40. I've owned several S&W wheel guns and 1911s and I currently carry a Sig Sauer.

How does the latest Sigma compare to what I'm used to using?
It has the trigger pull of a stock S&W wheelgun shot double-action, the grip angle of a 1911, and is easier to strip and clean than either of your semi-autos.
The Sigma is a good basic defense pistol, but there are not many accessories for it, and attemps to "improve" the trigger usually compromise reliability, especially with defense ammo. 10# is about normal but it gets smoother with use. If you can't stand the trigger, buy something more expensive, like the M&P.

For someone who understands proper grip and trigger control, it shoots very well. Sitting and resting my arms on my knees, poppers at 50 yds are no great trick.

I like it for trainers because improper technique is easy to see and diagnose, and ANYBODY can learn to strip and clean one. It is not picky about ammo and goes BANG every time.