Thread: Glock blows up!
View Single Post

Old 12-21-2009, 10:53 AM

Liked 351 Times in 243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith crazy
What I am trying to do with the posting of the original article is to educate that there are some "nuances" to reloading for these firearms. Nothing more, nothing less.
I can understand your caution Skip, but without knowing what caused the failures how can you tell others what to watch out for? Problems with Glocks seems to be big news fodder, but how often do we get to hear what actually caused the problem? We can all sit here and take guesses but it is nothing more than speculation and wild guessing. I think the main reason we hear so many reports of problems with Glocks is because there are so many of them out there. And look who's carrying them. I've spent a lot of range time with police officers and I feel most of them aren't qualified to carry a gun, let alone a Glock, which isn't as idiot proof as many want to believe. And no, this isn't a cop bashing thread either. All I'm saying is, before I blame the failure on the gun I want to make sure their wasn't a cleaning patch or brush in the bore, or the officer didn't exchange his duty ammo for questionable handloads to hoard the more expensive ammo for later or... Any of a number of other possibilities that would completly exonerate both the gun and factory ammo.

For the record, I never really saw this as a Glock bashing thread, more of a peeing match that Dennis referred to in an earlier thread.