Thread: Viet Nam Vets
View Single Post

Old 12-22-2009, 09:48 PM
US Veteran

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I forgot this happened to me until I read this post.

I went to Vietnam in 1967 when I just turned 18, I had enlisted at 17 and got out right before my 21st Birthday after spending a few months in the hospital at Devens.

Two years later, I was living with a couple of female room mates and one night they had a big party and some of the girls got drunk and stayed over. In the morning there was a knock on the door and when I opened it there was a 1st Lt. in full uniform from the Natick Labs and he said he was there to pick up his girlfriend.

He came in and I offered Him a cup of coffee while he waited and He started talking about being in Vietnam. I didn't say a word but he had no decorations and no unit patch. Then He started insulting me saying that any true American would be in the service.

I excused myself and went to my room and pulled out my suitcase from under my bed. I took out my dress uniform with the 101st Airborne patch and every else on it and put it on and walked back in to the kitchen.

Every one in the room was speechless, I had never told any one that I had been in the Army. I never put that uniform on again.

Last edited by Bugs100; 12-22-2009 at 09:51 PM.