View Single Post

Old 12-24-2009, 04:06 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,922 Times in 607 Posts
Default Magellan 1470

I have had a Magellan 1470 since the 1st of May, it went bad a few weeks ago ( locked up ), called the company and after over one hour on the phone, they decided to have it sent back to them for repair or replacement, on my dime I might add. After holding it hostage for a week they sent me #2.

#2 didn't work correctly ( would not save entered addresses or previous addresses or home address) called the company and spent another half hour on the phone, they decided that it needed to be returned for repair or replacement, this time i insisted that they send me a prepaid fed ex label and sent it off. they held #2 hostage for a week then sent me #3.

I received # 3 yesterday, took it for a drive #3 didn't work correctly ( would not save entered addresses or previous addresses or home address) called the company and spent another 1/4 hour on the phone with a tech, at which time I insisted on speaking to one of their managers in Nevada who I talked with for over a half hour.

I explained to the manager of the situation and requested my money back, that I had already lost a month of my warranty and that I was not happy, he would not return my money, instead he would send me a new higher level model, and a prepaid fed ex label to send #3 back to them.

#4 is scheduled to arrive 12/28 once I have it in hand I'll send #3 back to them.

I really liked the features of the 1470 but if I were to do it again I would not buy a Magellan.