View Single Post

Old 12-25-2009, 02:06 AM
US Veteran

Liked 43 Times in 31 Posts

I have only been using 2400 since 2004. I completely ignored it for close to 40 years, but that one can convinced me to get a 4# can!

I don't think I have ever used a magnum primer with it, regardless of caliber being loaded. I normally use CCI, but I have also used Remington and Winchester.

I normally don't worry about SD or ES, since handgun cartridges in a rifle will usually let me know what is accurate at a particular range and what isn't.

I shot this 25 yard target with a .357 Handi rifle and it isn't good results, unless you consider the 3.5 gr of Bullseye "target load" to be good. The .357 load with 2400 might be usable, but would need to be checked at 100 yards.

A good set of numbers might also produce this kind of results, if all factors aren't relatively close between a rifle and a handgun.

The keyholes are out of a different .357 Handi rifle, but it was the same loads as the non-keyholes out of a handgun. The bullets were Laser Cast and they were just too small and too hard for the rifle, especially with a micro groove barrel.