View Single Post

Old 12-26-2009, 07:10 PM

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

rburg; Same here. Many years ago I bought in quanity. I shoot only a few calibers, and really dont intend to own any more. My loads are pretty well developed, standardized and loaded for the guns I have, and the guns that I need loads for are very few...two if I am not mistaken, but the powders and primers for those two have been in the loading cabinet for years. On very rare occasion, I will buy cast bullets, but, I also buy in a quantity that will last me the rest of my life. I also still have all my casting equipment, and tons of lead, wheel weight, tin, etc,, so, I can cast up what I need if sources dry up. I still have around 500, 250 Keiths that are weighed, sized and lubed and ready to go if the need arises. I cast them up years ago...... Other than hunting, and occasionally working up a load, I really dont shoot that much, so, what I have will last forever. If folks can afford to do that, "right now" is always the best time to do so, because, I dont think that anything is going to be cheaper in the future. One thing for sure, I am darn glad I bought all this stuff years ago...cause the prices have really skyrocketed...especially within the last year or so.

Last edited by flat top; 12-26-2009 at 10:11 PM.