View Single Post

Old 12-26-2009, 09:25 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 774 Times in 375 Posts

I personally love both H-110, and 2400.

H-110 will do things in magnum rounds, especially the larger cased rounds, like the .454, .475 Linebaugh etc., that 2400 simply can't.

I get sick of all the comments about it being a flame thrower too. I have never had that problem, and I have fired more pounds of H-110/296 through more different guns, than any other powder, period. In fact, I have never read any other comments about it being a flame thrower, on any other board. It will give a muzzle flash off, but so will almost any other powder under the right conditions (or the wrong ones, if the load isn't correct for the bullet/cartridge combo). I get flash regularly with Unique and 231 on the indoor range. There is an excellent article in either one of my issues of Handloader, or Rifle on that subject. It was written by John Barsness.

I have never used it for reduced loads, nor have I ever tried to. I use it for what it was designed for, and in the amounts shown in the loading manuals, and by authors with good reputations, and have always been completely happy with it.

OP- Please excuse the drift.