Thread: Gifting a gun
View Single Post

Old 12-29-2009, 10:25 AM

Liked 84 Times in 51 Posts

In this day and time as the government likes to stress the importance of a global economy. I have to wonder, if I decide to sell a car, if I should contact the DMV or DOT for out of state transfer of vehicle.

I think w/o a doubt I could easily prove, backed w/statistics, that the automobile is the deadliest tool of homicide in the good ole US of A.

Yep, if I sell a ride out of state I better go through a dealership or at the very least a licensed car lot for all the paperwork, taxes, prep, freight, associated title fees and naturally a small commission based on the value.

Come to think of it better make an undercoat mandatory and reclaim the dirt so you don't contaminate the State of residency.

From Harley Davidson to Wally-world we can buy t-shirts and trinkets from the Pacific Rim and the government wants an intrastate corridor between Canada and Mexico in the name of facilitating free trade and movement in the North West hemisphere. Yet, our hands are tied in so many ways in the land of the free.

The GCA 68 is showing it's age and is in bad need of a make-over. I'm all for keeping firearms out of the hands of BGs, yet as I understand 200,000 to a quarter million legal hand guns are stolen every year. Combine that w/estimate of around 300,000 long guns and that's about a half a million stolen guns annually.(according to my online research, give or take a hundred thousand.)

I'm assured through my own conclusions that those guns and their current guardians have no problem selling out of state, to known felons, underage thugs, etc.

Once again law abiding citizens that wouldn't dream of committing violent acts have to pay & sacrifice because of those that do.

Sorry for the thread drift. I'll step off my soap box and take a break from stumpin' on my position.