View Single Post

Old 01-03-2010, 12:42 AM

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray View Post
Hello all - newbie here - have been reading the posts about M&P15-22 ejector problems, etc. I have the same type of issue- thought it was ammo at first- weapon did not like stingers at all - went to 36gr cci mini mags- shot well at first then jamming again, even tried different mags (I bought extra factory mags)- guys at the shop/range where I purchased gave it a go - jammed on them too- Had sent in to Smith and they turned it around in record time - Smith's letter indicated they had "brought the rifle up to current factory specs" with no elaboration- I went back to the range and within 50 rounds - it was as if nothing had ever been done to the weapon- the jams were just as frequent as before and with different mags. I applaud Smith's responsiveness and turnaround time but beginning to suspect this particular weapon is not a keeper.-
I have been on this and other forums for a while, and yours is the first I have read that has not been running better after getting it back from S&W.

Some questions. What ammo are you using? Are you loading the magazines per S&W directions? I guess it is possible jamming could have moved your ejector the wrong direction.
Is your extractor still in the bolt?