View Single Post

Old 01-03-2010, 02:19 PM

Liked 101 Times in 38 Posts

This revolver did not come with a box or papers.
I have scrutinized all parts of this revolver and found nothing other than proofmarks and the Navy Arms stamps I listed.
Interesting.
Good to know that it's likely made by Uberti. This will help if I need to buy replacement nipples or parts down the road.
Not sure how to post photos here.

I already had a Pietta-made Remington .36, which is a fine shooter. If I had to do it all over again, I'd have purchased an Uberti for the slightly deeper rifling. But the quality of this Pietta Remington .36 is very good.
My Remington .44 is Uberti-made and is better polished but not by much.
The Uberti Remington .44 is a very good shooter. At 25 yards it will put six balls into a 2-inch circle.
The Pietta Remington .36 will put six balls into 3 inches at 25 yards, on a good day. I still need more load development with it.

Soon as this cold abates, and the weather warms, I'll be out with the target-sighted Remington .36, against real targets at a measured 25 yards from a benchrest.
I'll use Goex FFFG, .380 inch balls and Lee conical bullets of 130 and 135 grs.
The 130 gr. Lee conical has a heel of .375 inch. The 135 gr. Lee has a heel of .380 inch (this .380 heel mould is no longer offered but I picked up a like-new one a few years ago).

Thanks for the information. Uberti, huh? Good to know.