View Single Post

Old 01-04-2010, 11:04 PM
US Veteran

Liked 218 Times in 110 Posts

I do not claim to be an expert on the M41 or it's magazines, Tom Beckwith and Jim Nicosia are much more knowledgeable than I about the whole M 41 scene.
I have been buying magazines to use for more than 40 years and have accumulated quite a few.
The major difference between the butt plates (BP) of the magazines that I have other than finish, is the hole near the front edge of the bottom or absence of the same.
The BP is a piece of folded steel, in the older ones a hole is drilled through the both of the folded thicknesses, in the newer BP the outer hole is not drilled. There is still a hole through the inner fold but it’s blind.
To disassemble the mag wear eye protection, and holding the magazine BP up, you would insert a small screwdriver into the mag spring and push the spring toward the follower to pull the mag. sp plunger out of the hole, slip off the BP and slowly release tension.
Upon reassembly be careful to get the plunger tip back into the blind hole.

As Jim said above, I don’t know about any valuable M41 Magazines. The 41-1 .22 short mags are scarce, relatively few were made and as a consequence are valuable.