View Single Post

Old 01-07-2010, 04:41 PM

Liked 42 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbC View Post
You see these stupid-looking things?

They're $20 at Home Depot. I used them to move my safe into place and it slid across the carpet like it was on grease.

I use them for everything. I even brought them to work to help a lady move her bureau. These stupid little things will move a sleeper sofa, a full entertainment center, anything. Just lift a corner about an inch and kick it under.
Hi, Barb,

Thanks, very much, for that suggestion. Unfortunately, it was not the sliding into place that was the problem, but rather the horsing it up two flights of stairs, one of which had a very right 180° turn from a landing, that caused the problems. Once on the floor on which it will be installed, it was fairly easy to slide it around, with a small bit of muscle, and into place. But, WHEW, getting it up those two flights of stairs, and especially the tight stairs up to the top floor, was a killer!! I am fairly strong, for an Old Fart, and it took everything I had to give, and could have used a bit more!! OH, well, gettin' old ain't for sissy's, is it??!! Thanks, again, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc (remember "dirt"?? Yeah, I was in on the development of that...... Old Timer that I am!)