View Single Post

Old 01-08-2010, 07:43 PM

Liked 42 Times in 19 Posts

Greetings, All,

Today, I received a PM, asking for more info on that Costco gun safe I just got. Though I have replied to the Gentleman that has asked the questions, I thought others might need the same info, too. There appears to have been at least two, and maybe more, different "Winchester Gun Safes" sold at Costco in the last couple of years. In my casting about for information on this safe, I realized that the newest ones are head and shoulders above what was offered a few years back.

For those that might need this info, the actual model number on the current Costco, Winchester/Granite Security safe (RSC) is: "WC5928"

The item number on the outside of the box on the current Costco Winchester safes is: "441293"

I'll post a few photos of the beefed-up door in the current safe. For those that viewed the i-net video entitled "My Winchester gun safe failed me", you will see a HUGE difference in the doors of the safe in question, when compared to the currently sold Costco offering from Winchester, the door of which measures 1 1/4" thick on the front edge. Also, at the new safe has far more locking bolts (ten), is three-way, instead of 1-way, and has larger locking bolts (1 1/4"), too, than the one that was pried open by thieves in that video that's making the rounds. In any case, please check out the photos I'm posting, and see if that helps to clear away the clouds of confusion about this particular safe, compared to the ones of a few years ago, which had far thinner doors, one-way actions, and four locking bolts, only. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1770.JPG (109.1 KB, 2484 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1771.JPG (90.5 KB, 2108 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1772.JPG (92.6 KB, 2019 views)

Last edited by Doc Mark; 01-08-2010 at 07:48 PM.