View Single Post

Old 01-08-2010, 08:33 PM

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18DAI View Post
My guess as to why you have not read of that happening, is because people with any experience............or an ounce of brains, don't carry IL revolvers for serious purposes. Regards 18DAI.
I doubt that since S&W is still one of the top selling handguns. There are tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of the internal lock models floating around out there. You haven't heard about it because it hasn't happened.

And, honestly, no, people with experience know that there are lots of other more common and well-documented malfunctions to consider than an internal lock controversy that has never been well-documented.

I'm not wanting to get into a personal battle over this topic. I'm just posting for the benefit of newcomers and browsers who stumble across this site and get the impression that our favorite brand, S&W, is somehow lacking in quality. Not true. As an S&W enthusiast, I don't want them thinking the new S&W they just bought is not any good. I don't want them switching brands on us unnecessarily. I'd rather the casual reader be encouraged by our comments about S&W quality to go buy a revolver and an S&W rather than a semi and a Glock or Taurus.

Last edited by rpg0123; 01-09-2010 at 02:12 AM.