View Single Post

Old 01-12-2010, 10:22 AM

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinbill85 View Post
As a matter of fact I did strip and clean the rifle prior to shooting it. I am downright O.C.D when it comes to cleaning my firearms.

There are numerous reports of extractors "blowing out" of the bolts on these weapons, and most of the instances I have read about were harmless, meaning nobody got hurt. In [I]MY[I]particular case, this could have seriously hurt or (worse) me or someone else. I'm not a pansy by any stretch, but members of my family were shooting this rifle as well and it could have been bad.

I don't believe I'll try legal recourse or any of that **** because frankly.......that's what's wrong with this country today. However, when I ask if they will make it right, I mean are they going to "fix" the rifle and pretend nothing happened or will they maybe go above and beyond and take steps to retain future business from myself and others that have had similar incidents like this? I'll see what happens.
Like you, my 15-22 had an OOB and the extractor went missing. Sent my gun off to S&W with a round trip expense paid by them. Rifle fixed and brought up to current factory specs. They also included two magazines at no charge. So S&W did me right. They will do you right too.

OOBs can occur with any semi auto, any brand. If the ammo is slightly out of spec and doesn't enter the chamber all the way. The chamber is to spec, the ammo isn't. So who is to blame, the gun or the ammo? That is why it is important to wear shooting glasses when shooting. Not a good idea to have someone standing next to the shooter.

OOBs also can occur with .223s. Now that will make you change your underwear.