View Single Post

Old 01-12-2010, 09:33 PM

Liked 351 Times in 243 Posts

Quote:
In particular, is it feasible to handload 10mm ammo with hard-cast Keith bullets of about 200-210 grains, and will they feed in the Glock?
I've never tried it, the weight wouldn't be so much of a problem but the length of using a Keith bullet could be too long to fit in the magazine. Cast bullets can be shot in the factory barrel but the barrel must be kept clean. I have a G20 but don't shoot it very much, it's not my favorite 10mm. It was my first choice when venturing into the "hood" due to its 15 shot magazine.

Quote:
I frankly am not enamored of Glocks. If the couple in question finds that a Glock 10mm won't fit her hand, they know that a Colt will, and the lady can shoot the .45 Govt. Model well. So, the Colt Delta Elite might be a viable option, although I have the impression that the 10mm overpowered that old design and the guns didn't last well.
I'd heard that after the failure of D&D, Colt was the only manufacturer making a 10mm for a while. The original Norma loads were too much for the 1911 frame and caused them to crack, this was the primary reason the power level was lowered.

My 10s include the G20, two Delta Elites and a 1006. While I am particularly fond of the 1911 platform, and shoot them quite often, I would probably look for a 1006 for woods carry with stout loads.